New owner of 2023 Defender Limited

Dennis68

• Member ID:  2,174
  • Content Count:  49

I was reading through a lot of interesting topics in this forum. I have ordered the H11 LED headlights from Auxito. I have those in my truck and haven't had any problem thus far so thought I would try them. I would like to add a light bar on the stock front bumper which the opening is I think 16", was wondering what a good brand was? I don't necessarily need the cheapest thing out there. My son's and I have a motto "BUY ONCE - CRY ONCE", so if it's a good product I would like to take a look at my options. Thanks for adding me to the group. 

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

I added a 15' light bar up front and a pair of 4 bulb leds fot the rear. I also added 10x 14x30  10ply tires, then under seat storage box and cooler

• Like 1

Thanks for the info dirtco.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the BeamTech H11’s installed on the buggy last night. Huge difference. After reading several posts on this subject I thought it sounded like a good thing to go with the fanless option. Included pictures of the new tint as well. Went with 25% on front windshield with a 5% brow, and 10% on all the sides and the back. AC worked great before and works much better now. Thanks to all the other memebers posts that helped me make up my mind on stuff.

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

27C84AA0-E0D6-42EA-A504-9FACE459E4D8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  2,242
  • Content Count:  4

LOOKS REALLY SHARP .... Im just wondering does yours have a whistling/whinning at 45 mph and above

• Like 1

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

sharp looking rig

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leonard69 said:

LOOKS REALLY SHARP .... Im just wondering does yours have a whistling/whinning at 45 mph and above

I haven't noticed any. I added the extra rubber molding around all the door opening on the buggy to prevent rain and dust from having a way to get in. Maybe an area that needs to be sealed up is where what your hearing is coming from. 

2 hours ago, dirtco said:

sharp looking rig

Thank you, I have added the double row 12" rough country blacked out creed light bar with driving light on the front, and the 30" single row rough country light bar underneath the bed at the back. Check them out on the rough country web site, comes with the brackets you need for the defender and everything. Wiring was simple since Can Am run several accessory wires for us.

I also added the under the seat storage bins with top (Rough Country) x 2, and two of the open top storage bins for the middle seats, and a cooler for one of them. 

• Member ID:  2,242
  • Content Count:  4

Checked all the seals sounds like it may be in the clutching

Ah heck, that's not good. Hope your dealer will take care of you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,534
  • Content Count:  5

On 10/10/2023 at 9:16 AM, Dennis68 said:

Thank you, I have added the double row 12" rough country blacked out creed light bar with driving light on the front, and the 30" single row rough country light bar underneath the bed at the back. Check them out on the rough country web site, comes with the brackets you need for the defender and everything. Wiring was simple since Can Am run several accessory wires for us.

Can you walk me through the wiring you did? I am looking for a "plug and play" option for lights exactly as you have mounted. 

Mount the light bar, then raise the center section of your hood, there will be a group of wires under there that have the female end of a bullet connector on all of them. You will need tie into those because they go through the firewall and the other ends of those wires are behind your panel where the ignition switch, and other rocker switches are. Remember which colors you tie into. There is a bus bar with two studs behind the panel you have already popped out, left side is ground, right side is hot with the key. Follow the directions that come with the light, you will have one hot for the light bar, one hot will be for the driving light that will come on when the switch is on, other one is the ground. If you get your rocker switch off Amazon follow the direction that comes with it. Pretty simple plug and play, hide your harness the best you can. There are two holes beside each other under the hood, I used those holes to mount the relay's. I will comment of the back light later today. Good luck, don't let it intimidate ya.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  2,265
  • Content Count:  3

On 10/12/2023 at 5:44 AM, Leonard69 said:

Checked all the seals sounds like it may be in the clutching

Curious if you’ve figured anything out on this. I’ve heard some whistling on mine but figured it was wind related since it’s when windshield is up.