Anyone Interested In The New Ranger XD 1500?

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Is anyone else interested in the new Polaris Ranger XD 1500? It sure is pricey, but it does have a lot of really cool features.

ranger-xd-post-orv-my24-launch-press-release-article-lg.jpg.d81d38ac1ff904dd1579de837b79c627.jpg

Introducing the industry’s first-ever utility side-by-side with a 1500cc 3-cylinder engine for more power to make tough jobs easier and the industry’s only STEELDRIVE transmission for greater durability

MINNEAPOLIS, MN (July 30, 2023) – Polaris Off Road, the global leader in powersports and off-road innovation, is once again breaking new ground with the industry’s first extreme duty utility side-by-side: the all-new RANGER XD 1500. With its unprecedented capability, brute strength and unmatched comfort, the new extreme duty class of RANGER side-by-sides are engineered with the first-ever ProStar 1500cc 3-cylinder engine that offers an industry-leading 110 horsepower, the industry-exclusive STEELDRIVE automatic transmission for greater durability and precise control, and over 70 new accessories for enhanced customization, highlighted by Polaris’ exclusive Lock & Ride MAX system. The RANGER XD 1500 establishes a new benchmark for utility side-by-sides.

“We spent over five years meeting with farmers, ranchers, large acreage property owners and big game hunters to develop an extreme duty vehicle that was missing from the market. From its ProStar 1500cc engine to the industry’s only STEELDRIVE transmission, RANGER XD 1500 is unlike anything else offered today and is yet another example of our relentless commitment to advancing the industry with fresh thinking and innovative solutions that meet the real-world needs of our utility customers,” said Steve Menneto, President of Polaris Off Road.

“Polaris RANGER has been the No. 1 selling utility side-by-side brand for more than 15 years and with the introduction of RANGER Extreme Duty, we’ve taken the industry’s hardest-working lineup and expanded it,” said Chris Judson, Vice President of Off Road Utility. “A segment of our utility customers said they are facing exceptionally large tasks and they simply need a machine with more power, more torque, more hauling and towing capacity, and more durability. And our team set out to deliver just that, incorporating dozens of new features and the latest engineering to make the RANGER XD 1500 more capable, stronger, and more comfortable than any other utility side-by-side out there.”

Unprecedented Capability
Farmers, ranchers, and large landowners routinely haul and tow heavy loads around the property, and they’ve been asking for a solution when it comes to their heaviest tasks. The RANGER XD 1500 delivers unprecedented capability for hard-working customers to haul more, tow more, and get more done in less time. With the industry’s only 1500cc utility engine, the RANGER XD 1500 provides over 30% more power and over 50% more torque than the next closest competitor.

ProStar 1500cc 3-Cylinder Engine – Effortless towing, hauling, and confidence in tough terrain with an industry-leading 110HP and 105 lb-ft torque.

1,500 lb Cargo Box Capacity – Three-quarter ton box capacity providing nearly 50% more box volume than existing models for maximum productivity with fewer trips and bigger loads.

3,500 lb Towing Capacity – For those routinely towing heavy loads on the property, drive better productivity with nearly 40% more towing than existing models.

Industry-leading Ground Clearance – All RANGER XD 1500 models get 15” of ground clearance with high-clearance arched A-arms to overcome large obstacles.

Click here for the full article. 

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 5.18.26 PM.png

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

It's a great looking machine, the engine sounds impressive, but man that price tag!! 

• Member ID:  2,026
  • Content Count:  45

I looked hard at them but went with the Can am 6x6 limited . I believe it will do more for less. I also love the fit and finish of Can am

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dirtco said:

I looked hard at them but went with the Can am 6x6 limited . I believe it will do more for less. I also love the fit and finish of Can am

The 6x6 is a beast! Especially, if you need all that extra bed space. 

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

Not even a little. Not a fan of Polaris machines, except I do like the styling of the last generation of RZRs, and at that price point I will just buy a used Jeep. I love my Defender, but even at the price point I paid (25k) I still have a hard time justifying it. Maybe if I ranched/farmed or lived off grid it'd make more sense, but really mine is just a summer run around/trail rider, snowplow in winter machine.

These things have just gone off the rails of what they were conceived for. Some days I just miss having a pair of wheeler's to go muck around with.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  1,660
  • Content Count:  146

im with steel, no interest from me either.  i have an x3 and the hd10 xt max now, they are enough work, maintenance and expense to have sitting a lot more than id like them to be this year.  i have 500 miles on between the 2 of them which is very low.  hopefully as it cools off a bit, i can at least start driving them a bit more.  i dont need to worry about a steel belt, having a cargo area, or messing with overlanding. 

the really big one is over 3k# so it is out for WI trail systems.  It looks like wi took the CC limit out of the picture as long as they are less than 3k# and 65" or less, so that lets some of the bigger machines on the trails.  atvs hate sxs/utv most of the time saying that they are too wide and such.  that is their problem though.

we cant camp in most places along a trail either, they have to be designated camp grounds or in some state forest lands to be camping off grid.

the only thing i miss from my atv- wheelies!  LOL

steve

1 hour ago, honda400ex2003 said:

im with steel, no interest from me either.  i have an x3 and the hd10 xt max now, they are enough work, maintenance and expense to have sitting a lot more than id like them to be this year.  i have 500 miles on between the 2 of them which is very low.  hopefully as it cools off a bit, i can at least start driving them a bit more.  i dont need to worry about a steel belt, having a cargo area, or messing with overlanding. 

the really big one is over 3k# so it is out for WI trail systems.  It looks like wi took the CC limit out of the picture as long as they are less than 3k# and 65" or less, so that lets some of the bigger machines on the trails.  atvs hate sxs/utv most of the time saying that they are too wide and such.  that is their problem though.

we cant camp in most places along a trail either, they have to be designated camp grounds or in some state forest lands to be camping off grid.

the only thing i miss from my atv- wheelies!  LOL

steve

Trail limits are something I hadn't thought about when it comes to the new Ranger XD 1500. I'm going to guess that most people would see it as a UTV and not guess that it weighs as much as it does. I just looked up the weight of a fully spec'd Ranger XD 1500 NorthStar Edtion Ultimate 6-seater and the estimated dry weight is 3,323 lbs! The width should be trail friendly at 64 inches. 

• Member ID:  338
  • Content Count:  265

MN limits to 65" and 2000lbs. Dry Weight. No way these make it on trails legally. DNRs and Park Rangers are paying more attention to these things now as they become so popular. At some point they are going to start coming down hard on these big units. 

And frankly at some point, you have to rationalize, why? Full cabs, heat, AC? Its a f---ing mini truck that can't carry as much or go as far or on as many roads as a real truck. Not to mention the cost is the same as a nice truck or Jeep, etc.

I railed against SxSs for a long time, saying as much "it's like driving a car in the woods", and then I eventually got one and you know what, I was right. It's not the same feeling as riding wheelers into the woods, not as fun. Mine doesn't hit the woods much, mostly around the country side and into town. Plowing in the winter.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...