Insert for a lcd screen

• Member ID:  130
  • Content Count:  15

Trying to find anyone who may make a insert to mount LCD screen in area next to defender shifter. Purchased a thermal/night vision system and need a screen to complete. Just want something clean so it looks like it would belong there

picture 

CD776AE4-592B-4441-A85F-4948E4F5D511.jpeg

• Member ID:  135
  • Content Count:  49

How big is the screen? Length, width, and depth dimensions. I have access to a 3D printer and could get you a quote on possibly printing something for you. Are you wanting a hole in it or just a blank that you can cut and trim yourself?

• Like 1

i have not got that far yet. I actually just bought a new defender week before last and it will be a few more weeks before accessories are installed then I can work on the screen.

i will probably get between 5 and 6 inch monitor since there is only about 7 inches to work with.

i will get back with you on this because I am very interested in going that direction with it

thanks!!

I’ll do some measurements on mine and see what I can come up with. I may just do a blank with a center marker on the front face for a cut-it-yourself kind of thing. 

Biggest trick I’m going to have with printing it would be having enough strength (thickness) without making it too terribly expensive to print. Our company typically charges around $15/cubic inch. 

Worst case scenario I have a metal press and could bend some thin aluminum and get it hydro dipped black, I want a clean look. I’d even be happy with the same form as the ice crusher.

problem is I went a little crazy and bought more accessories than I have room for 🤘

14F20E7D-3D0A-48AC-B086-0DB929261A58.png

• Like 1

:classic_laugh: I know the feeling. That's kind of what I was thinking as well. It looks clean, but in my opinion the top radius bugs me. The right side has a nice big radius, but that plate is pretty sharp. I don't know, maybe it's the designer in me and it's making my ocd go crazy lol.

I flat forgot to measure my opening last night when I was putting my mirror in and dealing with my 3 year old at the same time. I'll mock something up and see if I can get a round about number for it.

Just a quick mock up without having actual measurements, looks like it'll come out around the $90-100 range. I may be able to get it down a little bit more on price, but i'll have to work some magic. It'll fit better than that ice crusher piece.

I am totally fine with that, tell me how to proceed. Do I need to get you measurements of screen.

tell me how or where to pay you and I’m ready

Yeah, whenever you get the screen, just measure where it would mount or how it would mount. I'll let you know when you can pay. I'll have to do quite a bit of measuring and i'll make a test print to see how everything lines up. I'll send pics of it before I send anything out.

Hell yes!

i really appreciate this!!

This is the unit I’m buying.

has a flush mount adapter it comes with and says with flush mount the measurements would be

6.49”L x 4.96” H

you can see in picture of adapter there are 4 bolt holes pre- drilled so that’s how I would attach

todd 

3EDE7A26-EEAF-47A6-B1D7-ED42E0522773.png

5BD3F03B-733D-4FC3-8DA5-B2450F65C2F4.png

A430BA62-B689-4556-81E4-0AD5733C11B1.png

• 3 weeks later...

So you would just put it in this bracket (last pic) and just screw it to the new panel you'll put in? Seems pretty straight forward.

Well.....I measured mine the other night and wrote everything down, but one of my boys found my notebook and was ripping it to shreds. hahaha So looks like i'll be measuring everything again before I can print anything.

yes That’s the plan

my son has done the same thing

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't forgotten about you. Been super busy at work and just now got around to doing a little bit on this. I printed one, and will hopefully get to see how it fits this evening.