2020 can am defender xmr low speed clicking sound with differential locked turning right.

mattrebb

Question

• Member ID:  547
  • Content Count:  3

Hey guys and girls just wanted some advise on what direction to take here. I have a 2020 can am defender xmr, at about 450 miles the dealer replaced both my rear axles under warranty because they were making all kinds of noises when turning. So its been a 3 months since then and i have not gone on any rides other than plowing my driveway and around the yard. I have noticed that when i have the diff locked and turning full lock right i here a similar clicking noise but no where near as bad as before. It will not make any noises with the diff unlocked turning full lock. I dont no if it is normal or not for a slight clicking noise when turning right when the diff is locked on pavement on these machines or do i have a axle failing again? It drives fine and is very quite with diff unlocked. Looking for some other XMR owners to chime in? otherwise very awsome machine. 

1 answer to this question

• Member ID:  2,309
  • Content Count:  2

Did you ever figure this clicking problem out ? I have a 2023 HD9 doing the same thing and it only has 1k mi. 

Thanks.