2021 hd10 limited pps fault

Ricky

• Member ID:  842
  • Content Count:  2

So I just brought my 2021 hd10 limited home today from the dealer and was riding around and “pps fault” came on dash and shut the machine off, I read forums and someone said to check battery connections and sure enough they were loose, tightened them back up and still says pps fault and will not run or even fire up. Any help is appreciated!

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Not sure yer gonna get that one without a dealer reset.... But try this... disconnect the cables and touch them to each other. Grounding out any resistors/computer that may be holding anything....  

That one could be embedded... My loose battery offset my DPS..... Had to reset it.. Bought my own buds then... our service where I'm at is WEAK SAUCE!!!!! 

I'll check my manual... 2019 but you can download a free manual via BRP.COM 

Good luck,

Joe and Bear

Back up!!! Hold on!!!!! So... A PPS fault message is telling you you have a Faulty "Pedal Position Sensor(s)" So.... Without scouring a 2 year old manual.... I would suggest looking down where the pedals hang and check for loose connections... probably connected within' the throttle pedal considering the limp mode/kill mode.... probably a loose connection during assembly. Hopefully an easy fix... 

Fingers crossed!!

• Member ID:  842
  • Content Count:  2

Just tied the positive and negative together checked all the fuses and unplugged the plug by the pedal and plugged it back in and nothing has changed, guessing I’m gonna have to put it on the buds system to see what’s actually going on.

2 hours ago, Ricky said:

Just tied the positive and negative together checked all the fuses and unplugged the plug by the pedal and plugged it back in and nothing has changed, guessing I’m gonna have to put it on the buds system to see what’s actually going on.

DANG!!!!! THAT BITES!!!!  Did you Google resetting PPS faults? If you were closer.... Hope they can fit you in.... and it's merely a reset.... NOT the actual sensor.....

FINGERS CROSSED,

Joe and Bear