Tracks- Backcountry LT VS 360 LT

Bad Daddy

• Member ID:  436
  • Content Count:  2

Can you guys tell me what RPM and speed you are getting with your tracks? I am getting 5400 RPM and 22 MPH.  I have a collapsed muffler and wondering if I am loosing power because of it.

• Member ID:  759
  • Content Count:  107

7 hours ago, Formulaiii said:

Can you guys tell me what RPM and speed you are getting with your tracks? I am getting 5400 RPM and 22 MPH.  I have a collapsed muffler and wondering if I am loosing power because of it.

No idea. 
I don’t have the DPS Module (yet).  

I can get over 6000 rpm on flat hardback. 

i “cruise “ at 5500 

I think it might be around 30-35 mph please speed?

I am getting a DPS Module on Tuesday.   BRP website says 715004707 "coming soon" ... for two months. 
The 715004707 subs to a newer part number, which is 715007338.  ( Website shows its for ATVs, and its cheaper, but in doing more research, it looks like it is going to work)

I am looking forward to putting it on, and seeing proper speeds, as well as steering effort changes.  

For those that have the module, I wonder if it allows the power steering to adjust to different levels?  Or does it do it automatically...  the 4707 said you had to have a button for the DPS to get the three different levels of steering assist...  Its not bad without the module, so I won't be too bummed if it doesn't do anything... the speedo and odometer correction will be welcome...

Edited by Bad Daddy
added new part no.

These tracks are quite good in the trails. 
We were in a foot of wind blown snow on the lake, then riding through a narrow trail that had been cleared.  And by cleared I mean the logs and trees were in the middle of the trail.   Went over the logs no problem... like a Sherman tank!

On 1/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, Bad Daddy said:

No idea. 
I don’t have the DPS Module (yet).  

I can get over 6000 rpm on flat hardback. 

i “cruise “ at 5500 

I think it might be around 30-35 mph please speed?

5300-5500 on flat hard pack. 
35-40 km/hr.   22-25 mph. 
6500 going down hill, lol. 
Defender Max XT, three people in it, plus a bed carrying a chainsaw cooler and forestry tools.  We are at 3600’ and -12°C. 

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 1/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, Bad Daddy said:

I am getting a DPS Module on Tuesday.   BRP website says 715004707 "coming soon" ... for two months. 
The 715004707 subs to a newer part number, which is 715007338.  ( Website shows its for ATVs, and its cheaper, but in doing more research, it looks like it is going to work)

I am looking forward to putting it on, and seeing proper speeds, as well as steering effort changes.  

For those that have the module, I wonder if it allows the power steering to adjust to different levels?  Or does it do it automatically...  the 4707 said you had to have a button for the DPS to get the three different levels of steering assist...  Its not bad without the module, so I won't be too bummed if it doesn't do anything... the speedo and odometer correction will be welcome...

As per the DPS... It works Dynamically... As you start off it works more, but as speed increases it fades away.... It actually works well. Did you mention "you" were installing the DPS? Because I may be wrong... but I believe that may require a BUDS unit to center... VERY NICE LOOKING RIG!! Think I'm gonna have to keep Bear from seeing these pictures... He'll most likely want a new pair of kicks....

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Well, looks like it's a pap type system.. Buds only required to RESET unit if needed... I'm sure you will like it with the tracks especially...

HAVE FUN and ENJOY

• 1 month later...

5E8EBEBB-AC26-42EE-879F-9940BF998A2D.jpeg

572D6FF8-C587-48D6-874E-95EE83AB433C.jpeg

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  957
  • Content Count:  8

Been using Apache 360LT tracks on my defender Max for a few months now, 1350 KM on them and mostly on Lakes with blown in snow, Typically cruise at 5500 RPM and depending on the surface condition , around 30 KM/H +\-  , my brother was using one with out the DPS and he was reading about 55 KM/H , needless to say he put a lot more mileage on than me lol... i will say it does drink the fuel on tracks i can get about 50-60km on a tank on tracks

• Like 1

What do your front anti rotation springs look like? Do they look like these?