Best fender flares for Defender Max?

supersix

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

7 hours ago, Dragoon said:

That is awesome! You might have the most miles of anyone on the forum in only 4 months no less! 

I have definitely put him through the test!! I'm really looking to put some 30"ers on him, a clutch kit, and putting the stock poly skid plates UNDER (to the ground side) the aluminum skids I put on. Giving up some weight for the GLIDE..... of the poly vs. the STICKY ALUMINUM. OH..... I almost forgot. A real winch for the back!!!! The game hauler winch AIN'T DESIGNED for what we made her do..... DAMN I LOVE MY "BEAR"!!!! Cant wait for turkey season..... A heater..... the bed for decoys..... GET ME SOME!!!! Taking my partner in crimes 13yr old daughter for her first hunts next year... we'll start with turkey. Haven't seen me a Disney film about turkeys yet so I'm hoping we're good!!! Here she is driving Bear... Story was she drove gokarts, just last weekend in fact.... 😄 Truth be told..... she drove the gokarts last Saturday FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! Not so sure if you smell what I'm steppin' in..... but Bear (a FRESH 1000) compared to a 5 maybe 7.5 hp OMG!!!!! THANK GOD WE ARE STILL ALIVE!!! After a few miles she got it under control and drove quite a bit further than I thought she would.... Cuz when I took over? It was a workout.... SUPER PROUD OF HER!!

20200123_164317.jpg

20200125_161604.jpg

• Member ID:  323
  • Content Count:  50

Super ATV also makes a different style for the defender.  It is flatter than Can Am's and pretty wide.  I believe that theirs would work better with large tires like 32", but they also cost around $400

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

I just ordered the sport fender flares.  Hopefully no more mud in my lap.  They have them on Partzilla for $173 with free shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  204
  • Content Count:  28

Any pics of the sport fender flares yet?

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

Yes.  No experience with them in the mud yet yet but they look like they should help.

IMG_20200215_130534.jpg

IMG_20200215_130407.jpg

IMG_20200215_130520.jpg

IMG_20200215_130500.jpg

Thanks! Looks good!

On 3/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, Marc B said:

defpic6.png

Are these canam brand or superatv? And do you have a front/rear pic? Sport or regular?

Edited by Nekelneh

• 11 months later...

• Member ID:  877
  • Content Count:  3

Anyone put the wide fenders up front and sports on the rear? Curious to see if that would look goofy or not. 
I like the look of the wide fronts but the wide rears look way too large unless you’re running huge tires. 

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  885
  • Content Count:  5

On 2/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, CooperW said:

Anyone put the wide fenders up front and sports on the rear? Curious to see if that would look goofy or not. 
I like the look of the wide fronts but the wide rears look way too large unless you’re running huge tires. 

I’ve done exactly that and it looks good. The wider front flares helped the mud some but still throwing way too much in the side of cab. I now have some half doors on order.

AD3B57E4-9E38-4B82-A773-590FC01781AB.jpeg

20C0D00C-774F-4D8B-A969-6DCA187D92E1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

I have actually added extension flaps on my fronts... Plan was a semi flap for them but couldn't find one at the time... so a minivan rear carpet cover was what I had to work with.... and it has done the job PERFECTLY!! I'm also running a 33"×10.5 so he throws a bit of mud when he's diggin'. They have stayed flexible, not cracked, and were CHEAP!! I had a bit left over that I added a 2"or so flap that hung below bear attached with zip ties. 

My plan was to replace them... but they've worked perfect.... and kinda grown on me.... so they stay until they need replaced.....

Good luck all!!

Edit... since this picture I've also modified my sidebars by adding thicker tubing and widening to the width of the front wheelbase. Which helps keep some of the spray below the doors...

20200927_095845.jpg