Defender front end noise

TC24

• Member ID:  341
  • Content Count:  7

I took my 2020 in to the dealer and a fix is still being developed according to the dealer.  BRP is aware of the issue.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 3/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, JRD said:

I have a 2021 Defender cab HD10 & my front end is growling especialy when you get into a turn at slow speed especialy just dropped it at dealer today(3/17/21).waitin for there diagnosis,readin all your posts & hoping they fix it with no further issue,stay tuned & i will let you guys know what happens...

FINGERS CROSSED!!

Good luck

• Member ID:  666
  • Content Count:  37

I think I have the same problem I have a 21 dps hd8. Off the throttle coasting turning sharp rubbing/ squeeling noise. Hope to hear what your dealer finds

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  999
  • Content Count:  1

I have a 2019 Defender HD10 and have the same problem. Told the dealer about it the first oil change and they said everything checked out good but its still doing the same. I have a small 70 acre farm and we just use it to check on cows, and 4X4 does’t get used much but sounds really bad.

JD

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,035

On 3/19/2021 at 7:37 PM, Hogisland42 said:

I think I have the same problem I have a 21 dps hd8. Off the throttle coasting turning sharp rubbing/ squeeling noise. Hope to hear what your dealer finds

Did you or your dealer ever find a solution for this?   Just bought a '21 HD10 XT and with only 10 hours on it is making the same front end noises - in 2 wheel on paved rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

No I haven't had it checked yet, I think my noise is a normal characteristic. It hasn't gotten any worse. I probably should though before it's out of warranty

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,116

I had a noise and weird feeling in my 2020 defender XMR.  Felt like something was loose.  Checked drive shafts and tie rods.  Got home and crawled under it and found 2 differential bolts missing and the remaining 2 were loose.  I tried to put the remaining ones in the other holes to see if they are ok and I’m pretty sure they are stripped out.  Check your differential mounting bolts if you have noise or a feel ssomething like it’s loose.  Going to call the dealership tomorrow.  

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,150
  • Content Count:  2

JRD

anything back on what the growling noise? I have a 2021 hd10 and intermittent growling on mine. Mine sounds like coming from driver side front.

thanks for feed back

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone find a fix to this problem yet?

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,280

I also have a 2021 Can-Am two-door defender HD 10 that is starting to make a binding noise in the front end took it to the dealer because the fuse blew out for the four-wheel drive so it locked it in four-wheel drive so we thought it was that but it was not it's still doing it nobody seems to know. Don't even have 200 miles on mine. Any help would be grateful thank you

• Member ID:  1,285

I have a 2021 HD8 max 6 seater. We bought it in June 2021. Noticed a low growl in the front end. Seemed like it was worse cutting to the right. Really only noticed when the wheel was either all the way to the right or left. Took it in and they said it was the front differential. Now considering buying the 3yr warranty for $2200 because it sounds like it's a common and reoccurring issue. The machine has been mostly rode on the farm and blacktop. It has 500mi on it. Once I talk with the mechanic I will update what he says.

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,285

Ok they replaced the front differential. Said the rack and pinion caused the issue. Brought the machine home and the new front differential has the same growl but not quiet as loud. Going to call the dealer and let them know in case it gets worse or goes out. Shame pay that much money and have this kind of an issue.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I talked to the dealer about the growl noise when turning. Of course mine is out of warranty now. But to my surprise they said they know about the problem and there is a fix for it, and it doesn't have to be under warranty for them to cover it. It is like like a customer satisfaction program, i think they said was open until 2023

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,384
  • Content Count:  16

I just pulled my diff and installed a superatv pin locker. Best decision I ever made. This is how these machines should come from the factory. I had such a bad grinding noise coming from my visco lok. When I removed the locker plates they looked all burnt like the visco wasn't disengaging at all. I only have 1300 miles on my 21 lonestar

• Member ID:  1,426
  • Content Count:  4

Hey guys, I've had my 2021 Max Limited for 2 weeks now and I feel like I have the same issues. I also have a noise while I am steering, I've posted a video for you guys to see. This is me turning the steering wheel back and forth a little with the machine off and key on so you can hear it clearly. It makes this noise sometimes while I am turning and sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't sound right!  

Thanks for any input