Defender Tire Pressure?

supersix

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Ah that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that! I've never heard of that happening before so I think you just got really unlucky ;(

• 3 months later...

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

2019 Defender XT Cab HD10, with stock 27" tires the factory recommended tire pressure is 14 psi front and 18 psi rear. I have 30x10x14 front and 30x11x14 rear Cryptid tires on now and am 15 psi front and 18 psi rear with light loads. I might consider going down to 12 psi front and 15 psi rear in the future but no lower. At my current inflation pressures the ride is very nice on hard pack or trail so I don't see the need to lower the inflation unless we do a lot of muskeg riding later in the fall where a bit more sidewall flex might be advantageous.

If you are doing fairly fast trail riding on a rutted trail I would definitely error on the higher side for air pressure to prevent the tire from rolling under when cornering and breaking the bead. 

I used to run 4 psi all around on my 1000 Outlander that had 28x12x12 all around but that machine weighed less than 1/2 of the Defender when loaded and I usually rode slowly 10-30 mph, however, I never had any tire problems.🐌 FWIW

• Member ID:  102
  • Content Count:  51

On 11/29/2018 at 11:54 AM, modified said:

When I got my Defender, it was loaded with 30psi in the stock Big Horn 2.0 tires.  After some research I dropped all four tires down to 18psi and it rides so much better. 

What pressure is everyone else running?

I’m running 20 in mine same set up think could be lower though as it seems to spin a lot going up hill climbs. 

• 8 months later...

• Member ID:  425
  • Content Count:  9

Hello, this is Brutus The Basher, lol. I ran my cryptid tires at 14 front and 18 back and had no issues. I have just upgraded to 33 inch system three tires with 18 inch rims. They had 18 lbs all around and seemed too hard. I'm trying 13 all around amd if I load the back with gear Ill bump up the rear a bit. The bead locks are simulated however. Tomorrow is the big test for tires. I put in a 3 inch lift to clear tires, used pucks to boost preload. This is a 2019 xmr.

IMG_4381.jpg

Edited by huckulees
add info

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Hmmm... as for the factory suggested air pressure?  That allows for the towing capacity (I'd be willing to bet) as for a running pressure with no load (for all intense purposes) I've had my stock bighorns down to 7/10 in FRESH POWDER with GREAT success. Downside was the GC of a 27" tire.... then deflated..... was a HANG UP!!! So, with my Warrior 32x10x14 (which I run now) I can run them about the same in DEEPER SNOW without hanging up... But once the snow starts to get mushy and has major DRAG as well as the RUTS and MUD..... I find that with the amount of sidewall they have the responsiveness is too ROLLY!!! So, off trail in ADVERSE CONDITIONS I run mine at around 10/12 - 12/14.....  Good trail conditions.... 14/16-16/18  and on the pavement.... upwards to 30... which 32 is the suggested DOT pressure rating... Trick is... keep a bottle Co2 and regulator with air chuck so incase you do roll a bead you can POP IT with a big boost at once. Co2 works great because of the liquid to gas flash... I've also found that TWO rachet straps makes it MUCH EASIER to help setting bead at first... JUST DONT LEAVE THEM ON TOO LONG!!! 😉