Power Window Issues

• Member ID:  1,007
  • Content Count:  1

On 5/17/2020 at 9:40 PM, ike_6309 said:

I’ve had my 2019 Defender HD10 for a little over a year now with no issues. Just recently my power windows stopped working from the driver side door - window and both switches. Passenger side door and switch works fine from that door.  
I took the switches off of the door today and cleaned them and put them back on. Now the passenger side one works (but the light no longer works) and the driver side window switch still does not work, yet the light is on on that switch. Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Make sure to place the two springs into the slots with the small copper wire in the bottom.  That will complete the circuit for the switch light to work.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

Just had my second switch replaced. 😳🤨 My dealer is great to work with. They’ve replaced both of them while on the trailer. Can Am needs to solve the issue. 

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  1,145

try pulling off the top of switch put nail in hole to move switch. fixed mine works now.

• Member ID:  70
  • Content Count:  80

Mine is going in for the 3rd time…

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

My dealership in Colorado Springs closed down.  Nearest is over 50 miles away now.  Not hauling the pig that far for a flippin switch.  So, you win can Am…. I’ll replace it myself.  Again.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,161

New Member, but I am too having major issues with the driver's Power Window switch on my 2020 Defender Limited. Now been to the dealer THREE  different times for the same issue and each time the mechanic says he "cleaned it and fixed the contacts " in the switch. This does NOT work for for anyone on this forum who tries it. Trying to save someone else the time and hassle of towing their machine down to the dealer for a warranty repair. Make them install a new switch!  I got so frustrated that I bought a brand-new BRP switch myself as the $30 I send was cheaper than the $4.00 gallon gas to tow it down there for the forth time. It seemed to fix the issue....at least for now. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  161
  • Content Count:  42

Guys

I replaced replaced my Drivers side power window twice under warranty and now again outside warranty. I’ve cleaned  the contacts and it works for a couple of weeks the fails again usually in the upward motion. What other switches are you guys using as a substitute?? part# and manufacture if you have one.  

2019 Can Am Defender HD10 Max Cab

Thanks

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  1,189
  • Content Count:  3

Like TrueBlue, I'd like to know of a substitute.  As a workaround, I took the switch apart.  As the pictures show, 3 of the 4 contacts were carbonized.  I cleaned them and put it back together.  It works!

Now for my screw-ups....   

#1 - In my excitement I forgot to put some grease on them.  For now I'm going to leave it and hope it doesn't re-carbonize before a replacement is available.  On the wait-list for the part with my dealer.

#2 - There were 1 or 2 springs inside the switch when I opened it up.  If there were 2 then I can't find it the second one.  I have one spring but couldn't figure out where it goes.  I reassembled without the spring and it seems to be functioning the same as the passenger side switch.

Switch Before.jpg

Switch After.jpg