Got it! 2018 Defender Lone Star Pics

supersix

• Member ID:  64
  • Content Count:  88

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Good to know! Thanks for sharing, @Stapleton!

3 hours ago, Stapleton said:

For a windshield on more of a budget u can't beat the super atv vented hardcoat poly windshield... I've put that windshield threw its paces for a 1000 miles so far and here in Missouri its definitely had a life of limbs and branches rubbed and scraped on it even installed 2 hand powered windsheild wipers and that dam thing dosent have a scratch in it ... it dosent tilt but has 2 large vents at the bottom that u can open and close ... and for 325 bucks it's a hard windshield to beat 

Thanks for the information. That windshield looks nice. I did see a similar one with two bottom vents and two upper vents. I like the full tilt as Texas summer can be brutal but was concerned about driving rough terrain with it in full open position and it possibly causing windshield to break. I also have considered the poly hardcoated full tilt from can am since It would be a lot lighter than the glass version and maybe be less susceptible to damage when fully open and rough terrain. Haven’t made my mind up yet but this definitely helps. 

• Member ID:  67
  • Content Count:  35

5 hours ago, Stapleton said:

20181231_142237.thumb.jpg.c0f3f5a9d12773c9fb550fb50cb9dc07.jpg

Thanks for sharing looks good. Considering for my new HD8. How is the air flow on hot days? 

• Member ID:  39
  • Content Count:  54

To be honest haven't had the defender during hot days ... bought it new October 19 so I've had it just under 4 months ... we've played with the vents and it seems like they allow very good airflow ... the biggest reason I bought a vented windshield is to reduce dust suction in the cab with a roof and rear window ... the vents allow airflow to be pushed outta the cab when open rather than to be sucked in to swirl around on those dusty days on the gravel or riding with multiple machines on the back roads

And Rudy if ur definitely leaning towards a tilt out, Super atv also sells a full tilt hard coat polycarbonate for 625 ... can am makes excellent accessories and I have installed many especially there exclusive ones but with just a lil research and snooping around on the beautiful world wide web theres quite a few accessories u can buy for half the price that are as good and some cases better ur just not paying for that sweet can am logo stamped on the item ha ha 

• Member ID:  73
  • Content Count:  1

Hi Stapleton.  Where did you get that front bumper and lower hookup assembly from. Looks awesone

Edited by Peter H

Super atv ..... even the hook up assembly is included with the bumper and best part is it was 299.99 and its solid ...and was quite easy to install 

• Member ID:  20
  • Content Count:  100

Rudy I have the full tilt in Texas and I definitely recommend it.  If your in a lot of brush or overhanging limbs you can lower it to the cracked open position to get some air but keep it out of the limbs.  When it's really hot having it full open is nice.  I go from closed in the morning to full open by noon sometimes in fall and spring.  I have the hardcoated poly.  It takes a little babying in that you can't just wipe mud off it, you have to rinse it off.  I also don't use windex as it's supposed to mess it up so I use Honda Polish to clean it and RainX Plastic for water repellent.  I haven't tried the glass but if it's not too heavy it would be better if you are in a place that gets a lot of mud.  

Super atv ..... even the hook up assembly is included with the bumper and best part is it was 299.99 and its solid ...and was quite easy to install 

20181231_142101.jpg

On 2/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Mark said:

Rudy I have the full tilt in Texas and I definitely recommend it.  If your in a lot of brush or overhanging limbs you can lower it to the cracked open position to get some air but keep it out of the limbs.  When it's really hot having it full open is nice.  I go from closed in the morning to full open by noon sometimes in fall and spring.  I have the hardcoated poly.  It takes a little babying in that you can't just wipe mud off it, you have to rinse it off.  I also don't use windex as it's supposed to mess it up so I use Honda Polish to clean it and RainX Plastic for water repellent.  I haven't tried the glass but if it's not too heavy it would be better if you are in a place that gets a lot of mud.  

I think definitely the full open option is great to have when needed. I think I’m going to go with the glass option to keep eliminate future scratches during mud situation. Thanks for the information!

The glass is definitely awesome my cousin has the can-am glass tilt on his XT and it works great and his brother had a glass windshield on his polaris 900XP crew and put it threw hell and back for years and never had an issue ......till a little to much whiskey one night and we all learned that rangers cant move oak trees and a glass windshield isn't shatter proff if ur head tries to go threw it ha ha 

Installed the glass flip can am windshield today. Install took about 35 minutes. I really like the fit of the windshield and frame seal. Hoping to test it tomorrow morning. 

7085AD62-0A81-4FB8-8497-D550DA7739AA.jpeg

82E82FFE-2B6F-4B5B-A515-E4E8A23E4EDD.jpeg

D420EF4E-BF9E-4EDC-A2C0-0C3322765189.jpeg

• Like 2

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Nice, I think you will be glad you bought it.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  135
  • Content Count:  49

Where are you Texas boys from? Next time yall head out to Hidden Falls lets get a ride going. I'm up in Temple and have been wanting to head down that way to try HF in the Defender. I haven't been back since I sold my bike about 5 years ago.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

I'm over here in Leander so you're just up the road from me 😎

• Member ID:  1
  • Content Count:  244

20 hours ago, zk-315 said:

Where are you Texas boys from? Next time yall head out to Hidden Falls lets get a ride going. I'm up in Temple and have been wanting to head down that way to try HF in the Defender. I haven't been back since I sold my bike about 5 years ago.

Cedar Park, about 30 minutes away from Hidden Falls.  I wonder if all of this rain we've had lately washed out any of the trails?