Welcome to the Defender Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

supersix

• Member ID:  135
  • Content Count:  49

Welcome and looks like your right in the middle of some beautiful country. Maybe one day i'll get to venture up that way.

• Like 1

• Member ID:  144
  • Content Count:  1

Hi everyone from KenTennessee (Kentucky/Tennessee border) ~ newly purchased HD10 XT-P, still at the shop being modified.  Super excited to hit the woods and make some trails!! 

Have some questions... going to use this as a hybrid machine so mods are more for the farm. The question I have is if adding a deluxe headache rack and bed risers will rattle and/or be a nuisance off roading? Or worse, prohibitive? Still have time to stop installation if so ... also, I don’t see much about the XT-P anywhere ~ anyone have any recommendations or what to watch out for? Hoping we made a good decision as we got what seems like a good deal ... 

thanks ~ 

2DD5CB72-004A-4D21-A40F-0E0FDE04BDDC.png

Edited by Can-Amkentuck

• Member ID:  5
  • Content Count:  274

Welcome to the forum! The XT-P is all-new to me so I'm anxious to see some pictures of it when you get it home.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

• Member ID:  241

Hey guys,

I've got the 2019 hd8 and bought a universal cab heater, install is going well..just trying to figure out the best place to tie into the coolant lines...any suggestions? 

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

Hey, from Mark in Colorado Springs.  I’ve got a 2019 XT Cab (Camo) HD10.  I use it for plowing my 318’ driveway with a 20% pitch in one spot. Plow, chains, dual batteries, etc.  May drag out an elk with it.  It’s a beast.  I tend to do my own work if I can.  Thought I’d share my MagLight Mount idea...  I appreciate a forum that’s Defender-dedicated.  Thanks!  

551F9601-0DE3-45BD-8AAF-5D4084D132BE.jpeg

B6B6CD98-CBC1-4F6C-8A8D-1A1C69E24B78.jpeg

1D7FC312-FFC3-4013-A886-66728BC7005F.jpeg

Love that MagLight mount! Can you share more details on that?

• Member ID:  242
  • Content Count:  126

Hey Dragoon - It's a 4-D sized MagLight LED light with a standard D-sized MagLight mount kit.  I got them both at Ace Hardware.  Both together cost about $44 out the door.  I used tapping screws (4) and screwed them directly into the dash flat section under the grab rail.  You could probably get a 6-D sized light if you wanted to - it would fit.  I'm out at night, in the cold, running chains... a light is always handy!  Looks cool too!

• Like 1

• Member ID:  249

I'm not a Can Am owner yet, but I plan on getting a Defender soon.  I live in MN so will probably get an HD10 cab version.  Giving serious consideration to the 2020 Limited but the prices are good right now on the 2019.  I know the difference between 19 and 20 but when I read the forum and learn how satisfied people are with their 2019, just makes me think a little harder.  What are your thoughts?  Worth the extra $ to go 2020?  I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Defenders, particularly those that switched from another brand.  Stay safe

• Member ID:  233
  • Content Count:  17

Hello,

New to Defender but not Can-Am. Have had several spyders in the family and past commanders. All were excellent machines, hoping this one will be also.

2019 hd10 cab model. Had a canvas top on one of the commanders but really looking forward to the hard top with cold Wasatch mountain winters. Yes i will ask a lot of questions, and hopefully I can answer a few as well. Thanks in advance ,2

Name 2dogbed,( one of the things that drew me to the defender was the larger bed for the dogs)

20191010_090834.jpg

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Definitely 2020 if you can swing it, 30% quieter, 10 more HP and Parking assist brake.😉

Welcome to the forum 2dogbed!

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, CH@MN said:

I'm not a Can Am owner yet, but I plan on getting a Defender soon.  I live in MN so will probably get an HD10 cab version.  Giving serious consideration to the 2020 Limited but the prices are good right now on the 2019.  I know the difference between 19 and 20 but when I read the forum and learn how satisfied people are with their 2019, just makes me think a little harder.  What are your thoughts?  Worth the extra $ to go 2020?  I'm glad everyone is enjoying their Defenders, particularly those that switched from another brand.  Stay safe

If you haven't purchased yet I would wait and go with a 2020! They are arriving at dealers now and I think the improvements on the 2020 are worth getting.