2019 defender xt hd10

Hkb82

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Decided on putting a second battery in also so I can run the radio plus other accessories without the defender running. Then charging back up wile running. I’ll also be rewiring my rear winch plus possibly a work/spot light to run from the aux battery. Was going to go with the Odyssey swap out but decided on using the biggest marine deep cycle I could get into that spot. 

• Member ID:  790
  • Content Count:  9

Where do you plan in mounting the second battery?

I put it under the box behind the drivers seat. Same location that the can am duel kit goes. I just wanted to add a larger battery. I’ll post some pictures once if finished being wired up. Hopefully today 

Got it wired up to just the the stereo and a duel volt rocker gauge. I put the isolator in a fernco rubber 3 inch boot clamped to end caps on both sides and mounted to existing hole in the defender. I wanted to try and keep everything out of the elements as much as possible. It’s got a few holes in the end caps plus at the lowest point to prevent it from holding water but unless submerged it should stay pretty dry and clean. Grounded everything directly to the chassis. Worked great pushes aux items wile the buggy is off and charges it back up with the machine running. I highly recommend the kicker km6.5 marine speakers. Not the cheapest out there but sounds even better then I was expecting and I was expecting a lot lol. Couldn’t find a recommendation on speaker box or pod volume size for them so I just winged it. 

1AD7718D-E8A9-4348-8036-EBB033DB43CD.jpeg

AB8E541E-563F-4D3E-9F7B-2B764F0D7FA4.jpeg

671711D4-F4DE-49F0-9077-414757EE6963.jpeg

C4BF366C-1E09-4C0D-9CF7-A2A10D8CF545.jpeg

99CA339C-38C2-45BD-A0CD-E24168295067.jpeg

• Member ID:  991
  • Content Count:  21

Aluminum rear bumper? Did you paint it with a wrinkle paint? I haven’t decided if I’m going to powder coat my newly gabbed bumper or paint it?

31140892-F492-4C0D-A999-D6EACC301A7A.jpeg

35E2F2E0-2DC6-419F-BE23-DCFAF55A7BF3.jpeg

I sprayed mine with truck bed liner but I planned on backing into small trees and such in tight spaces wile working in the bush. Mine was more to protect the plastic and it’s held up pretty good. A little bent and dinged but I expected it lol. Yours turned out looking great. Depending on what kinda abuse it will see I guess should tell ya how much you want to put into it. Don’t make the mistake I did when mounting it. Mine has so little clearance that I’m 1/4 inch off the rear tires when I dump the box. Worked great and still no problem other then when working on it I can’t pull the pin and put the box straight up. I’d like to make another new one and seeing yours has motivated me a bit more. First and probably next is oem half doors plus I’m going to make uppers. Ordering doors this week and should have by Friday or Saturday. 

Got my half door on the way should be able to install this weekend if everything goes as planned. I’ll then start to build  uppers. Trying to figure a way of using plastic glass and still adding a opening window without it looking like poop. Was thinking maybe like the rear mini van widows that only open like 2 inches and lock in place.  I’d reverse them to open and catch the wind If that makes sense to y’all. Maybe to much wind? Any ideas would be great. I’ve been looking around online but haven’t seen anything that I was sold on yet. 

Am very interested to see how the half door uppers turn out. I ordered the one 1/2 doors and was contemplating gabbing the uppers for winter. I have some polycarbonate in my garage and am thinking about using that. Please let me know what you come up with.

I sure will. 

FE2F992D-C61A-4F5D-8571-081F5BA1369F.jpeg

9AF1AA2D-A28B-4260-9F1E-A5987A0150B6.jpeg

E0BFA3CE-C188-403C-A980-523CFD3144BF.jpeg

Step one complete. I put the small nets on for the time being but will be removed once I put my uppers on. Overall happy with the half door kit. Was short a few pieces of hardware and had a few extra of others. Three random washers that wouldn’t fit any of the bolts??? Install was about 1.5-2 hours at a Saturday pace. Uppers aren’t going to be to tricky aside from the opening window part. The plastic on the top of the oem half is about quarter inch from the inner steel tube so some spacers might be needed for reinforcement to the uppers. Will probably not be able to use as thick of plexiglass as I was going to but I’m feeling pretty positive it will turn out looking and preforming great. I got one opening window idea that I’m keeping to myself till I use it. Kinda like a surprise. Was also thinking of trailer vents with a way to close the round circle part that would be inside the trailer. ????? Still taking ideas if you got any 

Got the bumper finished just need my Defender😳 The doors look great. Looks like good progress😎😎

6E8B7A7C-9B5C-4185-A59E-F7CDCAE8EF41.jpeg

That’s a very nice looking bumper you got there. Going to look really sweet on that new buggy. If ya want you can store it on mine till your defender arrives lol

It might be a good time to switch professions over to utv accessories builder/fabrication. I think you could have a long line of customers. But pls if you do start somthing up ship to Canada for us northern riders.  

If there is anyone out there who needs something fabricated/welded just let me know. Send me some dimensions and we’ll work it out. I’m in North central Minnesota. 

Jeff Jones

218-820-8115

It’s a real compliment hearing that from another fabricator!!! Appreciate it!!! I’m going to add another battery also just for my lights. Going to the dealership tomorrow to check on mine. My wife and I are excited to say the least. Our first side by side😁😁