Lift options

Joe_C

• Member ID:  153
  • Content Count:  3

I put the battle armor 2" lift on mine with no issues. Pump up you preloads all the way and you'll get 3 inches of lift. I also installed 2" spacers on all four corners to bring the wheels out past the stock stance. Took it trail riding in northern Michigan and it handled great. Went almost 100 miles that day and had no issues. Looking at 30" maxxis carnivores on beadlocks for my next upgrade. 

• 10 months later...

• Member ID:  425
  • Content Count:  9

Hello,Im new to this forum. This is Brutus. 2019 defender xmr. I put a 3 inch lift via shock pucks and added 33 inch system 3 tires on 18 inch wheels. I haven't tested the rig yet, but will tomorrow. The pucks made the preload stronger for the lift and has a notable stiffer ride, but I'm a creeper kinda guy anyway. Im wondering if anyone else has made  lift mods and what issues may arise. I am concerned about clutching but these tires are 20 plus lbs each lighter than my stock 30's  and hope the weight difference will offset the torque difference. I do plan to switch tires back and forth depending on trail needs. I also run tracks in the winter up here in Alaska. The full cab and a great heater makes this possible.

IMG_4381.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

• Member ID:  481
  • Content Count:  1

I  have a 2020 can am defender Max xt hd10 and I put 30" rock a Billy tires on it stock with plenty of room to spare

IMG_20200608_203342709.jpg

IMG_20200608_203233294.jpg

IMG_20200608_203254150.jpg

Edited by Kory
To add pictures
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

Well, I installed a 2" battle armor and with stock A-arms my 32" warriors only rubbed on hard downhills cornering... even with the shocks jacked... with 2" forward A-arms (which the 20's already have stock) They fit NO PROBLEM!!! The rubbing that occurred was not really that bad.... So would think anything under a 32" would fit nicely... but these 32"×10"×14"s are LOOK and RUN AWESOME... DOT TOO.... 

Meet "Bear"

20200510_114444.jpg

• Member ID:  425
  • Content Count:  9

When my cab kit got installed my suspension sagged just a bit. I put two inch pucks all the way around which gave me a 3 inch lift. I then put 33 inch mud tires on it. The ride was rough as hell and the tires rubbed some on a downhill sharp turn. The real problem (I have the 2019 defender xmr) was the front is about 4 inches wider than the rear. With the aftermarket tires and rims it looked and rode weird. I then went on to put spacers on the rear but I would have had to replace studs with longer ones to make it work. I was worried about the clutching as well. I sold the tires and rims, had the pucks cut in half which gave me a light lift. My 30 inch cryptids only measure out to 28.75 inches (which is bullshit to say they are 30's). The cryptids work amazing, If I were to go bigger maybe 31 inch mud tires. Nice looking rig there, A hunt to remember.

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

On 7/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, huckulees said:

When my cab kit got installed my suspension sagged just a bit. I put two inch pucks all the way around which gave me a 3 inch lift. I then put 33 inch mud tires on it. The ride was rough as hell and the tires rubbed some on a downhill sharp turn. The real problem (I have the 2019 defender xmr) was the front is about 4 inches wider than the rear. With the aftermarket tires and rims it looked and rode weird. I then went on to put spacers on the rear but I would have had to replace studs with longer ones to make it work. I was worried about the clutching as well. I sold the tires and rims, had the pucks cut in half which gave me a light lift. My 30 inch cryptids only measure out to 28.75 inches (which is bullshit to say they are 30's). The cryptids work amazing, If I were to go bigger maybe 31 inch mud tires. Nice looking rig there, A hunt to remember.

Thanks Huckulees. I like it... He's been good to me. I like to think he loves the attention he gets when others see him all blinged out.... His new lumber/boat rack is gonna be a great addition for summer time runs to the lakes... as well as around the property... 

• 5 weeks later...

• Member ID:  565
  • Content Count:  4

I just installed a rough country 3” lift kit on my 2019 defender six seater for ground clearance 

my question is can I or should I add the 2” brackets to get another 2” of lift or will this lead to other issues of steering or making it top heavy for tipping

i was thinking this would be the most cost efficient 

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

Let me first begin by saying I have zero experience with adding both the spring spacer and the bracket spacer.  I am only chiming in because I too was thinkin about going this same route. 

After installing the spring spacer I feel like the higher angles of the axles might be putting the strength of the stock CV joints to the max, and the length of the stock axles might also be pushed to the limit. 

So, with all that craziness going on in my head, I convinced myself it probably was not the best idea for reliability reasons.

I also would like to hear any feedback from anyone else that has any knowledge or experience in doing this.

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

There is an interesting explanation on the SuperATV website that might give you some insight on the pros and cons with small lifts. I used a bracket lift for the first (1.5") and cranked my springs to the max for something similar to a 3/4" spring lift and so far no problems but both add to the change in geometry on the axles at full drop. The defender cab ride is still very acceptable to me. 

As far as stability of the machine I didn't feel it changed much with the lift and 30" tires I am now at 16.5" at the front and 15.5" at the rear. See my build thread for more detail. Depending on the speeds you drive your machine at and whether you use it on road or strictly off road will help you decide how high you want to go?🙂

• Member ID:  464
  • Content Count:  4

Has anyone found a lift for a 2020 XTP? they changed how the rear shock mounts to the  a-arm and i dont think the battle armor lift will work for that model.

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  745
  • Content Count:  2

Well it be ok to put 30 all the way around on my defender

• Member ID:  745

3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

• Member ID:  64
  • Content Count:  88

25 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I runs 30’s all around on my defender Lonestar with no issues 

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  779

On 6/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, Kory said:

I  have a 2020 can am defender Max xt hd10 and I put 30" rock a Billy tires on it stock with plenty of room to spare

IMG_20200608_203342709.jpg

IMG_20200608_203233294.jpg

IMG_20200608_203254150.jpg

Great looking rig! Did you need to add any spacers to the rears to replace the 11" wide stock tires?