Windshield options

Justjimmy

• Member ID:  135
  • Content Count:  49

I have the glass flip up from can am as well, and it's been great. I'm down in Texas and even with it partially open, I get a pretty good amount of air coming in. Like Spartan said, I hear a lot of stories about the poly windshields scratching pretty easily which is why I shied away from it.

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  556
  • Content Count:  1

I had the glass windshield with the wiper, I loved it until one day I was going through a trail and the thing split into 3 big cracks. There wasn’t any rock chips but I found it flexed around a lot. I had it on the 1/4 open option so maybe you aren’t suppose to ride with it like that that?? That’s why I was on this forum to figure out where I could better spend my money, it was a very expensive windshield and I only had the bike for a month before this happened so as you could imagine I wasn’t impressed when they said it wouldn’t be covered under warranty. So I’m open to any additional info! 

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  692

Check with a glass shop to see if they can replace it cheaper than Can am?🤔

• Member ID:  405
  • Content Count:  45

I think I will be buying the Super ATV  Polycarbonate Flip Windshield. It retails for $625 (Free shipping)  which isn't bad and I have a 15% off coupon that makes it a "no brainer". 

https://www.superatv.com/can-am-defender-scratch-resistant-flip-windshield

• Member ID:  330
  • Content Count:  123

Just throwing my 2 cents in.  I also went with the glass and have had zero issues riding with it either wide open or 1/4 open.  I do, however, ride a little less aggressive on trails or through the trees with it wide open just for peace of mind.  I have driven down the road, around the top end of the machine, with it wide open and had no issues.  

With all that being said.  I do agree that the can am glass flip out windshield is a little pricey, but someone once told me "buy once, cry once" with the idea that I would be buying multiple carbon windshields because of scratching.

Hope this helps.