Hello from New Mexico

OB_ONE

• Member ID:  995
  • Content Count:  14

Update…

The dealer has the bumper but no mounting bolts to be found. They say that the bolts were missing to begin with. Apparently, they had no intention of ever notifying me. 

I am still waiting for the bolts to arrive. Un freakin believable!

No one can tell when they will be here. 
No one cares… the sale has been made. 

my thanks again to Hunt for the astute observation. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  274
  • Content Count:  639

2 hours ago, OB_ONE said:

Update…

The dealer has the bumper but no mounting bolts to be found. They say that the bolts were missing to begin with. Apparently, they had no intention of ever notifying me. 

I am still waiting for the bolts to arrive. Un freakin believable!

No one can tell when they will be here. 
No one cares… the sale has been made. 

my thanks again to Hunt for the astute observation. 

THAT'S TOTAL F'N BS!!!! Just get the bumper!!! I'll send you bolts!! Seems your CanAm dealer is NO DIFFERENT THAN THE REST!!!! ONLY CARE UNTIL YOU SIGN THE DOTTED LINE!!! Go to BBB and FILE CLAIM!! I'm sure that will get their attention...

Just now, A hunt 2 remember said:

THAT'S TOTAL F'N BS!!!! Just get the bumper!!! I'll send you bolts!! Seems your CanAm dealer is NO DIFFERENT THAN THE REST!!!! ONLY CARE UNTIL YOU SIGN THE DOTTED LINE!!! Go to BBB and FILE CLAIM!! You are in the states yeah? 

I bet if you were to BUY some nuts/bolts..... They would have some!!! Maybe call them and ask if they have WHIPPED CREAM???? Whipped cream? Why would we have whipped cream?

Answer..... TO COAT THIS PLATE OF BS YER TRYING TO FEED ME!!!!!! 

Four bolt sets??? Really??? THAT IS JUST SPITTING ON YOU DUDER!!!! I'D BE IN MY TRUCK AT THEIR BUSINESS RAISING HELL!!!!! LETTING EVERY NEW CUSTOMER KNOW THE BS YOU ARE GETTING!!!! I BET THEY'D FIND SOME BOLTS!!!!!

16204237922326914735550161473426.jpg

6 minutes ago, A hunt 2 remember said:

Four bolt sets??? Really??? THAT IS JUST SPITTING ON YOU DUDER!!!! I'D BE IN MY TRUCK AT THEIR BUSINESS RAISING HELL!!!!! LETTING EVERY NEW CUSTOMER KNOW THE BS YOU ARE GETTING!!!! I BET THEY'D FIND SOME BOLTS!!!!!

16204237922326914735550161473426.jpg

I have already blasted them in person, social media, and BBB  

They don’t give two $$hit$  

I already purchased a set of bolts/nuts at the local hardware store  

I will be mounting the bumper this weekend  

• Member ID:  166
  • Content Count:  171

Ya that’s just bs. Glad you got the bumper but I’d be finished with that place. Maybe order parts when needed if that’s your only brp around.  To put ya on the back burner for a few bolts. Wow. I can’t think of any shop that wouldn’t have a few kicking around. He’ll pop em off the demo that’s sitting right there once they come in put the demo bumper back on. I’ve had a cat dealer do this twice before once from a new machine plus once from a demo. Can’t beat that kinda service. 

Got the bumper. The mounting hardware magically appeared ( I think that they “borrowed” it from another unit. )

Regardless, I installed the bumper, and now I will sell the unit since I want nothing to do with those people. 

As sad as it is you’ll find most shops are like this. Don’t get me wrong there are some really good shops out there but finding them can be the trick. Usually it comes from many visits and purchases. Maybe by the time your on your third unit they might start remembering you. Lol  I wouldn’t jump on selling it just yet. Funny story about Polaris. When I was shopping and talking to a sales guy at the local Polaris dealer I commented about how much these thing can go for. His response to me was do you want to know why they cost so much. Sure I said. He said cause people are willing to pay it. I was actually blown away. I’m sure it is why the price is so high on all the fun toys but to say it to a  buyer. He knew my old utv just crapped out and I was there to buy. I had the cash to buy that day and he knew it. I told him he should have lied and said cause it’s best engendered utv on the market or anything along those lines. I told him that comment just cost him the sale as it showed me what he thinks about his customers. Kinda like I’d like to give ya 25000 bucks. Him-man your so dumb. 
I walked out and the next day bought my defender. I almost always do my own work unless it’s warranty work that I have to bring it in so I try and build a relationship with the parts guys. I try and go in at slow times shoot the poop about a few other things new out or in the shop grab my stuff and bounce. Good luck with Polaris if that’s the way you go. As far as their sleds I wouldn’t even think of buying one with all the troubles I’ve herd with customer service and breakdowns. My local dealer is actually closed now. Go figure. Lol

• Member ID:  133
  • Content Count:  691

You paid top dollar to buy a defender not the dealership, enjoy the defender and get your parts elsewhere.IMO😉

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Take a deep breath and go for a ride!!!  I said the same thing... but in reality.... I LOVE BEAR!!! I have buddies with lesser rigs which makes me love him all that much more!! Sure he's had some issues, and my local dealers SUCK!!! Luckily I'm pretty savvy with a wrench and like to tinker.... ENJOY THE NEW TOY!!! The bumper is just the first thing on the list.... lol

Ooooosaaaaaaah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OB_ONE said:

Ooooosaaaaaaah

EXACTLY!!!!

🙂

• Member ID:  265
  • Content Count:  21

Ob One,

Do you still like your Defender?  I'm wondering why you are planning on selling something that you just spent a whole lot of money on, and will sell for a substantial loss if you sell it now.  If you are thinking of switching to a Polaris Ranger, ... don't.  I just switched from a one year old Polaris Ranger Northstar to a Defender Limited, and although neither machine is perfect, the Defender is a better overall machine.  If you are unhappy with your Defender I would think you would be even more unhappy with a Ranger.  If it is the dealer that is the problem, then find a different dealer, but keep your Defender.  I don't buy from our local Can Am dealer because of their overall poor attitude.  I don't buy from the next closest Can Am dealer, which is 50 miles away, for the same reason.  I do buy from the third closest Can Am dealer, which is 150 miles away.  I always get treated fairly, they know who I am, and they always provide good service.  I've owned all of the major brands over the last 25 years, and Can Am provides the best performance and build quality.  Keep the Can Am, replace the dealership with a better one.  I would hope you have other Can Am dealers to choose from within a 150 mile radius of where you live.

On second thought you should sell it to me. I’d love to have another defender.